Tuesday, March 7, 2023

A Little Bit About Me

  


  I had a meeting today about my IEP. It went really well! Better than I thought honestly! :D Hear me out. I'm on disability and guardianship, which means I'm limited on certain choices, such as medical stuff. I talked with my family and case manager. My Aunt asked my case worker to write a letter to the judge to lower the guardianship a little so I can get my driving license. That's gonna get done soon! I have a brain injury from when I was born. I had lack of oxygen. Because of that, I was on cardiac arrest. I lost oxygen to my brain. That is why I'm slow on some things and have some memory problems. I'm embarrassed to talk about it to anyone, but no one on here will see me. I'm twenty-eight years old. I've had guardianship for a long time. I'm just recently as of somewhat last year, to this year figuring things out myself to where I can understand it. I do get confused easily and forget things a lot. To help with that, I put everything in my notes on my phone/laptop. They share the same notes. I also have two physical calendars to write down important appointments, family stuff, ect. which I also put on my phone calendar. I have autism, as much as I'm embarrassed to admit that. My family always tells me it's nothing to be embarrassed or ashamed about. I don't know why I have a hard time accepting that it's okay. They're right. I'm just very self cautious about myself and my past health what I mentioned above. I have a huge support system, including my family, boyfriend, case workers, ect. I live in an assistant living apartment, where they help me learn my meds, which I FINALLY got better at! I don't remember some doses, and the ones I do, I get mixed up with another medication. I take my meds a certain time. I have three morning meds, a noon med, and two meds for bedtime. I have a pill box I use, and I only get my meds for 3 days as of now. I go to the office when I'm on my last day of meds so I have my next three days before the next day starts. I hope that made sense.. I'm sorry if it didn't! The past few days have been bad for my mental health, but after the meeting I had, I feel amazing and a whole lot better. I'm so thankful for that. I'm so thankful I have so much support from many people. Everyone's so sweet and understandable. Honestly I'd be more lost without them. Before guardianship, no one really taught me to be to be independent. My Dad tried a couple things, such as budgeting and taking the bus. I wasn't happy with my life at all from then, til' I moved back to Missouri from Wyoming, which I call Shitomying. It was very rough there. All my friends were in Missouri. I made a couple friends in Wyoming, which was good. There really wasn't anything to do there unless you went to Casper, Wy. It's not huge, but for Wyoming it is. They had a mall thankfully. I've come a far way since then! A very far way, and I couldn't be more happier! <3 I do these blogs to hopefully get a career out of this. I love being creative in my writing. I though doing blogs, making my own blog was a great idea! I can come here to express my feelings easily without hesitation. ..Unless I get writers block. Haha. That happens half the time, which is why I try to have a new blog topic for the next day, then I'll put it in my phone calendar. I'll talk more about myself in other blogs, but I try to keep it more focussed on music and movies. I guess my title, 'The Music In Me' can also represent other things, and not just music. I'll figure it out! I always do! Like when I made a blog about my Lost Boys(1987)! I plan to do more blogs on movies as well! <3 I hope you enjoyed tonight's blog! I will post again tomorrow! Goodnight! \m/

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Goal's!

 I have a new goal. A few new goals to work on musically! Starting tomorrow I'll be practicing playing 'Fiction' by Avenged Seve...